Rules to Follow, if you are the couple.
While there will never be one big day blueprint that works for everyone, here are a few "rules" that you should stick to no matter what.
1. Don't invite someone to a pre-wedding party if you don't plan on inviting them to the wedding. Inviting someone to your shower and not the big day? That's a no-no (and it'll likely lead to hurt feelings).
2. Never invite a guest to your wedding via text message or social media platform. A little bit of thought goes a long way. And the same goes for thank-you notes!
3. If you know the name of your guest's plus one, include it on the invitation. It'll make them feel truly welcome.
4. Get your marriage license well before your wedding day. Check the laws in your state, as the window is often relatively small.
5. Always feed your wedding vendors. From your wedding planner to the band, everyone is working hard for you all day long. Make sure to speak to your caterer about supplying them with meals.
6. If someone sends you a gift, you must send them a thank-you card. No ifs, ands, or buts! A thoughtful, handwritten note is always best.